How to apply for death certificate online in Maharashtra
A death certificate is an important document that proves the death of the person. This helps the Maharashtra government to keep their data up to date. There are many reasons to have a death certificate of the deceased person. It acts as a proof for legal purposes. Maharashtra government has made it easy to get a death certificate. It is important to prove the time and date of death of a person to establish the fact of death for relieving the individual from legal, social and official obligations to enable the disputes of property inheritance, and to authorities the family to collect insurance and other benefits. And the below following is the procedure for How to apply for death certificate online in Maharashtra.
- How to apply for a new gas connection in Maharashtra
- How to apply for new Employment exchange registration in Maharashtra
Procedure for How to apply for death certificate online in Maharashtra:
- How to apply for Disability certificate online in Maharashtra
- How to register for Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Card in Maharashtra
The following is the procedure to apply for a death certificate in Maharashtra
- Go to the website https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en
- If you are a new user then get registered to create a login account
- After logging in with your login credentials click on “Death Certificate”
- Then fill the application form with all the accurate details
- Upload the relevant scanned copies of the documents
- Click on the submit button to submit the form
- Every death is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms. In the following cases, persons are required to register
- When the Death has taken place in a house then head of the house or nearest relative of the head of the house or oldest person in the family
- When the Death had taken place outside the house
- In a Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home or other like institutions: Medical Officer In charge or any officer authorized by him
- In a Jail: Jail In charge
- Found deserted in a public place: Headman of the Village/In charge of the local police station
- In a Hospital, Dharamshala, Boarding House: Person Incharge
- In a Moving Vehicle: Person In charge of the Vehicle
Document proofs required:
- Proof of the persons’ death.
- An Affidavit stating the time and death of the person.
- A ration card copy as identity proof.
- In Medico-legal cases: FIR, Post mortem report and Form-2 given by police authorities.