How to apply for Birth Certificate Online in Maharashtra
A birth certificate is an important document for every citizen of Maharashtra. According to ‘Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register a child’s birth. It must be registered within a span of 21 days of childbirth. The birth certificate is essential especially when you are applying for admission in schools or college, hospital benefits and more. It also plays a crucial role in establishing property and inheritance claims
Issuing of a birth certificate may not be the same procedure in every state. While most of the hospitals take care of the entire procedure for you, at times you may be required to apply for the certificate. For that reason, here is the procedure for you about How to apply for Birth Certificate Online in Maharashtra
- How to apply for death certificate online in Maharashtra
- How to apply for a new gas connection in Maharashtra
Eligibility criteria to apply for Birth Certificate in Maharashtra:
- The candidate must be the resident of Maharashtra to apply for a birth certificate
Procedure for How to apply for Birth Certificate Online in Maharashtra
- How to apply for new Employment exchange registration in Maharashtra
- How to apply for Disability certificate online in Maharashtra
The following is the procedure to apply for birth certificate in Maharashtra
- The applicant has to go the India e-governance portal and download the application form http://www.indg.in/egovernance/forms/maharashtra/birth_certificate.pdf
- Take application form and fill all important details very carefully like as the name of the applicant, complete address of the applicant, contact information of the applicant and the information if any other member is having birth certificate etc.
- Go to the office of the Municipal Corporation /council of state.
- Submit application form along with necessary documents to the office of the municipal corporation or tehsil
- The applicant must visit the official website of Maharashtra government i.e. mahaonline.gov.in
- The applicant applies for birth certificates must use the option of “Citizen Login”.
- Create a new account and go to the inside of your profile and get the application form of the Maharashtra government
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form like username, email, date of birth etc.
- After filling an online application form, click on Submit button and get a confirmation message on your phone
- Ration Card / Voter ID /Electricity bill/ Phone bill as address proof
- 2 passport size photos of the applicant
- The voter ID card, college or school ID of the applicant
- Parent’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s identity proofs for verification (Aadhar Card / Election Card)
- Residential address at the time of birth
- Name of Hospital and Address
- All documents should have attested