Register for RSBY health card in Delhi:
Do you want to register for RSBY health card in Delhi? In Delhi Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), a health insurance scheme for BPL families. It has been launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. This scheme provides hospitalization expenses up to 30,000 INR for a family of five on a floater basis. It also covers the transportation charges up to 1000 INR. Central government pays 75% of the total premium while the rest is paid by the state government.
Procedure to enroll for RSBY Smartcard:
The following is the procedure to enroll for RSBY smart card in Delhi
- An electronic list of eligible BPL households is provided to the insurer, using a pre-specified data format.
- An enrollment schedule for each village along with dates is prepared by the insurance company with the help of the district level officials.
- As per the schedule, the BPL list is posted in each village at enrollment station.
- And prominent places prior to the enrollment and the date and location of the enrolment in the village are publicized in advance.
- Mobile enrollment stations are set up at local centers (e.g., public schools) in each village.
- These stations are equipped by the insurer with the hardware required.
- The insurer collects biometric information (fingerprints) and photographs of the members of the household covered and a printer to print smart cards with a photo.
- The smart card, along with an information pamphlet, describing the scheme and the list of hospitals, is provided on the spot. Once the beneficiary has paid the 30 rupee fee and the concerned Government Officer has authenticated the smart card.
- The process normally takes less than ten minutes.
- The cards shall be handed over in a plastic cover.