Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana:
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana a scheme that central government has provided by the PM Narendra Modi for ThePeople living under the Poverty line who are not willing to have insurance for their life. With a minimum amount, they will get Insurance coverage in India, we have many insurance companies but the Premium Of policies are much that couldn’t reachable to village people. For that people, this Suraksha Bima Yojana is provided with a minimum amount.itis implemented after successful performance of Jan Dhan Yojana.
Suraksha bima yojana benefits:
- Death benefits up to 2laks
- In case any irrecoverable and loss of hands or loss of eyes or loss of legs or foot they will get Insurance up to 2laks
- In case of loss of one leg or hand or eye or foot, they will get insurance up to 1lack
Suraksha bima yojana premium :
The premium of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana is rs .12 that is affordable to any poorest of poor Indian People. The amount is deducted from the policy holder’s account with an auto debit option in June Every year. If any case the amount is not auto debited from the policyholders account till 1st June Then the policy is on hold until the premium is deducted or paid.as of now the premium of the policy Will be low at least for few years.
Suraksha bima yojana eligibility:
- Age of the policy holder must be 18 to 70 years.
- Must have one savings bank account
- Should give a form to auto debit facility
Suraksha bima yojana features:
The policy would be renewed every year with single cover policy. Banks who are offering this scheme Must have proper documents under mentioned pm suraksha yojana Policy and also have tie ups from the insurance companies.
Suraksha bima yojana scope of coverage:
- If a person have multiple accounts he/she eligible to have only one policy for one savings account.
- For the registration of the policy he/ she must submit their aadhar card.
- The premium of the policy will be auto deducted from the policy holder’s savings account.
- For the starting year i.e. 2015, those areinterested in enrolling the scheme can do so until 30th
- Policyholders exist the scheme during any year, and if they want to rejoin again has to do same under same terms and conditions.
Suraksha bima yojana policy termination:
In the following situations the policy will be terminated and no benefits would be paid after.
- If the policy holder reached to 70years.
- If the policy holder closes his/her savings bank account or not able to continue or lack of balance in account.
- If a person applied for more than one policy then the old account will be continued and others will be terminated.
- If a policy holder not able to pay the premium or lack of balance in account then policy will be terminated till when he/she paid the premium.
- This is a noble scheme that aims to bring who are uninsured to insurance services.
- If the scheme succeeds, at least people who are living below the poverty line they will get a sigh of relief if any event of accident or death happens.
Claim settlement process in suraksha bima yojana:
After all, the scope of the scheme is good, many people will get benefits under this pradhan Mantri Suraksha yojana scheme.as of now many people are applied but they didn’t get proper process to claim Their policy.here are they
- First the nominees who are related policy holder have to submit claim form along with death certificate and postmortem report or original fir copy, discharge certificate and insurance certificate where you supposed to get suraksha bima yojana policy in the savings account.
- Then the bank shall send all the documents to the insurance company, there the scrutiny will be done, there after the amount will be send to bank account from the insurance company. That will be notified to bank branch.
- If any documents are not properly submitted then the insurance company will get the message to the bank branch and the individual shall be notified.