Home / Certificates / Disability Certificate / How to apply for disability certificate in Kerala

How to apply for disability certificate in Kerala

Apply for disability certificate in Kerala:

Here is about How to apply for disability certificate in Kerala? Kerala Social Security Mission conducts the disability certification camps in all the gram panchayats, municipalities, and corporations of the state. It is the first time to conduct such a venture in the country. This helps all the disables in Kerala to get all the benefits of the schemes. Kerala social security mission ensures that all the handicap people in each panchayat are bought to the camp with the help of Anganwadi workers and get their ID cards, Pass Book, and Medical certificate.

disability certificate in Kerala

Procedure to apply for disability certificate:

The following is the procedure to apply for disability certificate in Kerala.

You can download the application form from the website


Applicants have to fill the application forms and submit to the Anganwadi teachers/workers. The date of camp venue will be notified to the applicant via post. Those who are having permanent id need not apply. The ID cards are issued directly to the patients those who are having the medical board certificate; they do not need to attend the medical camp. Such candidates must submit the following documents to the Executive Director of Kerala Social Security Mission.

disability certificate Kerala

Documents required:

The following are the document proofs essential to submit to the Executive Director of Kerala Social Mission

  • Medical certificate original /attested copy
  • One passport size photo
  • Attested copy of ration card /Identity Card / Birth certificate
  • Thumb impression in a white paper
  • Copy of Aadhaar card/confirmation slip received after Aadhaar card registration.
  • Attested copy of age proof (SSLC Book / Voter Card / Birth Certificate etc.)
  • Those who have hearing disabilities should submit attested copy of hearing test report issued by Govt. ENT specialist.