How to apply for a Disability certificate in West Bengal
Disability certificate is essential for different purposes in West Bengal. It is useful to avail the benefits in education, employment or various government schemes of West Bengal that are applicable for disabled persons. So, refer the following to know How to apply for a Disability certificate in West Bengal.
Government is upgrading its accuracy and functionality in every field; the government expects that the rights and benefits available for the disabled persons have to be supplied to real disables. In order to get the real disables provision with the benefits of various government schemes of West Bengal, the government had introduced the certification system. The malpractices will eliminate with this system. Five types of disabilities are considered under this system. The below mentioned are the disabilities considered by the West Bengal government to issue the certificate.
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Physical impairment
- Mental retardation
- Mental illness
Procedure to apply for disability certificate:
The following is the procedure to apply for disability certificate in West Bengal
- Visit the link http://www.wbhrb.in/images/disabilitycertificate.pdf
- Download the application form from the above link.
- Fill all the details in the form correctly without any mistakes.
- Attach all the relevant documents to the application form.
- Take the form and the disabled person to any of the government hospital approach the Social welfare commissioner.
- After examination, the official will authenticate the form.
- Submit the form in the Social Welfare Department office.
The following are the documents requires to apply for disability certificate in West Bengal
- Ration card showing three years residence in the city.
- A medical certificate of disability from government hospital with an attested photograph.
- 2 passport size photos in which 1 should attest from gazette officer.
- Identity card.