Register for RSBY health card in Nagaland:
Do you want to know how to register for RSBY health card in Nagaland? In Nagaland Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), a health insurance scheme for BPL families. It has been launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. This scheme provides hospitalization expenses up to 30,000 INR for a family of five on a floater basis and it also covers the transportation charges up to 1000 INR. Central government pays 75% of the total premium while the state government pays the rest.
Procedure to enroll for RSBY Smartcard:
The following is the procedure to enroll for RSBY smart card in Nagaland
- An electronic list of eligible BPL households is provided to the insurer, using a pre-specified data format.
- An enrollment schedule for each village along with dates is prepared by the insurance company with the help of the district level officials.
- As per the schedule, the BPL list is posted in each village at the enrollment station
- Prominent places prior to the enrollment and the date and location of the enrolment in the village are publicized in advance.
- Mobile enrollment stations are set up at local centers (e.g., public schools) in each village.
- These stations are equipped by the insurer with the hardware required to collect biometric information.
- Biometric information is fingerprints and photographs of the members covered and a printer to print smart cards with a photo.
- Once the beneficiary has paid the 30 rupee fee and the concerned Government Officer has authenticated the smart card.
- The smart card, along with an information pamphlet, describing the scheme and the list of hospitals, is provided on the spot.
- The process normally takes less than ten minutes.
- The cards shall be handed over in a plastic cover.