Register for RSBY health card in Jammu & Kashmir:
Do you want to register for RSBY health card in Jammu & Kashmir? In Jammu & Kashmir Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), a health insurance scheme for BPL families has been launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. This scheme provides hospitalization expenses up to 30,000 INR for a family of five on a floater basis and it also covers the transportation charges up to 1000 INR. Central government pays 75% of the total premium while the rest is paid by the state government
Procedure to enroll for RSBY Smartcard:
The following is the procedure to enroll for RSBY smart card in Jammu & Kashmir
- The insurer will be given an electronic list of eligible BPL households, with a clear data format.
- Then the insurance company prepares an enrollment schedule with dates for each village with the help of the district level officials.
- According to the schedule, the insurer posts BPL list in each village at enrollment station and prominent places prior to the enrollment and the date and location of the enrolment in the village are publicized in advance.
- Mobile enrollment stations are set up at local centers (e.g., public schools) in each village.
- The insurer arranges the hardware equipment at these stations to collect biometric information
- Biometric includes fingerprints and photographs of the members and a printer to print smart cards with a photo.
- Once the beneficiary has paid the 30 rupee fee for the smart card, along with an information pamphlet is given
- It describes the scheme and the list of hospitals
- And the concerned Government Officer has authenticated the smart card.
- The process normally takes less than ten minutes.
- The cards will be given in a plastic cover.