Apply for a birth certificate online in Kerala:
Do you want to apply for Birth Certificate Online in Kerala? Kerala birth certificate is an important identity document that must be obtained within the time period. Newborn registration is mandatory to get a birth certificate in Kerala after Birth and Death Act 1969 to have an identity and get citizenship. A newborn will only be granted with the right to take admission in school, right to legally marry at permissible age, right to vote, right to property and even get important government documents such as passport, voter id card, Aadhaar card, and driving license if he is having the birth certificate.
Procedure to Apply for Birth certificate:
SEVANA service was launched under the Kerala Information Mission campaign, to reach common people. Through this online application for registration of Birth in Kerala, individuals can now get an online certificate by submitting proper information and documents. Any of the registrar generals will authorize the document, chief registrar, registration divisions, district registrar, and registrars of a region or Kerala panchayat. The following is the procedure to obtain the birth online in Kerala.
- Visit the website cr.lsgkerala.gov.in
- Go to the documents which are on the right bottom of the page and click on the “Registration of Births and Deaths”
- “Registration of births & deaths” page will open, then click on the option “Birth report” to download the application form of the birth certificate
- Enter all the details completely without any mistakes
- Attach all the relevant documents to the application form
- Submit the form along with the self-attested documents along with a stamp paper of Rs. 20/-
Documents essential for Birth Certificate:
- Dual-filled Birth Certificate application form with signature.
- Stamp paper of Rs.20/- with the registration form.
- A document that shows a parent’s relationship with the child.
- Parent’s identity documents and address proof.
- Birth letter from the hospital with the name of the child, birth time, day, date and other details.
- Accurate date and place of Birth details.
- Court Fee stamp of Rs.1/-