Apply for Birth Certificate Online in Karnataka:
Do you want to apply for birth certificate Online in Karnataka? A birth certificate is an important document for every citizen of Karnataka. According to ‘Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register child’s birth. You must register it within a span of 21 days of childbirth. The birth certificate is essential especially when you are applying for admission in schools or college, hospital benefits and more. It also plays a crucial role in establishing property and inheritance claims
Issuing of a birth certificate may not be the same procedure in every state. While most of the hospitals take care of birth registration, at times you have to apply for the certificate.
Birth Certificate Issuing Authority in Karnataka
- In Rural Area- In rural areas, you can register births at eJanMa by Village Accountants through Nada Kacheri at Hobli level.
- In Urban Area- In urban areas, you can register births at Health Officer/ Inspector of the respective area.
Procedure to Apply for Birth certificate:
The following is the procedure to apply for birth certificate in Karnataka
- You can register a birth online or offline.
- To register online, the application form should be submitted at EJanma services available at ejanma.kar.nic.in or at the official website i.e. www.mrc.gov.in.
- Applicants can register the birth in the nearest District Statistical Office by submitting a required application form along with all relevant documents.
- The births occurred in the Sub Registration Units are also registered in eJanMa and Certificates are issued in the Institution itself.
- For Additional Copies of the Birth / Death Certificates and for any Corrections you can contact Data Entry Nada Kacheri.
- To include the Name of Child in Birth Certificate contact respective Registrars and Sub registrars (Village Accountants and Medical Officers).
- You can register a birth without a name.
- After birth registration of a child, you can enter the name in the register within 1 year
- You can enter the name within 1 year then up to 15 years
- The fee for late is Rs. 5/-
- Parents birth certificates
- Marriage certificate of the parents
- Proof of birth letter in hospital
- Parents ID proof