Gujarat government is providing ration card for its citizens, from not being affected by the price hikes of essential goods. The ration card also provides the facility to avail the government schemes of Gujarat.It can be an identity proof at many places and it can also be used as an address proof.
Types of Ration Cards in Gujarat:
Gujarat government is providing three different types of ration cards to its citizens
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) cards: These cards are provided to the people whose income is below Rs. 10,000/-
- APL( Above Poverty Line) cards: These cards are provided to the people whose income is above Rs. 10,000/-
- AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) cards: These are issued to the economically backward people of Gujarat
Documents required for the application of ration card:
The following are the documents required for the application of ration card in Gujarat
- Birth certificate, PAN card, passport, study certificate and TC as personal proof
- Recently issued electricity bill, Aadhaar card, passport, LIC bond, agreement of house as address proof
- Birth certificate, PAN card, school TC having date of birth, SSC marks sheet as age proof
Procedure to apply for ration card in Gujarat:
- Go to the official website https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/
- Click on citizen services on the top navigation bar
- Scroll down the page and click on “Application for New Ration card”. It will be redirected to the application form page.
- You need to download the Gujarati keyboard as you have to fill the details in Gujarati.
- The page instructs you on filling it and it also has a list of documents which you have to upload. So get the documents scanned for uploading
- Go down to the bottom of the page and click on login button and click on apply online on the same page of digital Gujarat. If you have already registered then go ahead and get logged in. If you haven’t registered then get registered on the registering website
- Once the username and password are generated then click on the login button to continue the further procedure.
- Click on continue service, you will be redirected to an application page.
- Fill the application form with accurate details and submit it by attaching the relevant document proofs and photos.
- You will be promoted to make a payment of Rs.20 by clicking submit button, complete the procedure and click on submit button, an application number will be generated
- Keep that number with you for the future use.